Tired thoughts, tired words, I'll just go fly with the birds.

Jello,

I found a new place to sit today. I don't do that very often. But as of now, I have three accessible spots to sit and read or just think right now.

The first spot is on my wall. If you've been to my house, my wall is the wall that you climb to on the top/in the back of my backyard. I love it there because I can see all of the city lights, (and I mean all of them), and the sunset. It's beautiful. The downside of it is that spot that when people drive by, they notice me and sometimes honk or stare in an awkward manner.

The second spot is undisclosed. But I'll tell you about it. From it, I have a nearly perfect view of the stars and no one can see me when it's dark out and I'm there. It's peaceful, but a little dangerous to get to.

The third spot is the new one that I discovered today. I like it because you have to look to find me there. Today I sat there for over an hour reading Don Miller's new book and occassionally gazing at the sun as it collided with the horizon. Once it got too dark to continue reading, I just sat and thought. It was nice, peaceful, and I could feel that Jesus made that time for us. The cars that pass don't notice me, no matter which way they come from. The spot is on the left side of my house, if you are facing the house. The gate into the back yard is in between a wall that connects to the house and a wall that connects to the neighbor's wall, and I sit on the wall that is connected to the house. Did that make sense? I hope so. Besides the minor pain in my rear end, the spot is great. I have a perfect view of the sunset.
(I find that I judge the quality of my sitting spots on how well I can see the skyline from there. haha)

I think that if I were to choose other spots to sit and be alone, they'd be...in the meadow that my family hikes to when we go camping, on a rock pile that we hike to as well, any good bookstore, on the porch at the house we stayed at in Washington, and somewhere I could tickle the ivory without a listening ear besides mine.

If I were to choose places to people watch in the company of a loved one, I'd choose The Square in Portland, a good bookstore, a park, anywhere with some interesting people.

I guess none of this information is really interesting, but it does give you a look into me, and the places I sit. Maybe I'll start saying "Jello from my bedroom" or something like that. We shall see.

In other news, my boss got pulled over at the Texas/New Mexico border and inspected becuase he looks like a drug dealer/drug lord. No joke.

Also, I'm discovering how much I like to buck the system and not do things the traditional way even though I am a rule follower. ;)

Additionally, I'm realizing that I wish I could paint the things that I see, but I'm kinda glad that I can't. Because there is no artist like God.

This is all I have to say for now.

Wear your mittens

♥
Category: 0 comments

No comments: