Jello,
Right now, I'm supposed to be either practicing the speech I will be giving on Wednesday or studying for the test I will take on Tuesday. But, neither of those sound fun.
I'd rather be making memories.
I've recently grown fond of Owl City. I'm joining the bandwagon, but I feel a lot better about it now that I know that Adam Young (the originator of the band) is a Jesus loving boy. :) He says, "I follow Jesus Christ wholeheartedly. He is my life, my strength, my all". How cool. I love it.
I've decided that I work better under a deadline. And I believe this is a good thing, because I believe that lives are under a deadline. So, I should constantly be loving and living like I have a deadline, because I do, no matter if I know when it is or not.
That's why I think it's funny when kids a school ask a teacher, "When is this due?" Because the date of when you turn it in shouldn't affect your work ethic or the energy that you put into something. What I mean is, if you think the due date is two weeks from now, you can slack off until two days before, and then throw something together. Does that make sense? If I think I'm going to live till I'm 30, I can't put off showing Christ's love till I'm 25.
I gave my religion presentation last Thursday. It went well I think. After I was done, my professor went off about how the Bible can be interpreted to prove any point. "It's subjective" is what he was trying to say. My mom thinks that I really hit a nerve because he didn't go off like that with anyone else. We'll see what else happens as the semester progresses. I can say this though, I've never felt spiritual warfare like I do in that class. And I am glad to know that there are 6 of my brothers and sisters in that class with me.
Watching my teacher, other people at school, kids who don't have the best reputation at Cibola, and just watching people in public, has recently given me a passion to know the reason certain people are the way they are, and do the things they do. I wish, more and more, that I'd be able to look at a person and see their life, see what made them who they are. Everyone gets to see the effect, I want to see the cause. And you can't do that unless you take time out to get to know someone. I want to do this more, instead of just walking past and making a judgement based on what I see.
I've also been realizing how protective I am of my brothers. I don't like when people say things about them, or make assumptions. And I don't like seeing them get hurt. I've always known that I'm protective, but I think I'm seeing now, the measure of that protecting that has continued to flow from me. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not.
Recently I've questioned a lot why I have bothered to keep up a myspace, facebook, twitter, blogger. I feel selfish sometimes, having a way to always be heard, to always say how I'm feeling, what I'm doing at the moment. And I realized that I really don't like that. I don't like being petty or saying things just to be heard. I don't want words, I want poetry that touches the soul, and doesn't just pass through the air and evaporate because it is meaningless. I admire people who don't talk for the sake of talking. And I've come to the conclusion that the only reason I've kept up my facebook and myspace and twitter is because I am a stalker and an evasdropper at heart. I like to know what everyone else is doing, especially if you are my friend.
Well I should probably do something productive in my spare time. Please pray for wisdom for Nialls, and for my speech and test, and for Chris Hill. Jesus knows who he is.
Take your vitamins.
♥
1 comment:
amen. I love how that's what I've been doing, talking just for the sake of talking. But the thing is, people don't have to listen (or read,) we do 'cause we love you. ;)
and yes.
Chris Hill.
This has been an interesting saga.
Post a Comment