I'm learning a lot in this stage of my life. Or this week of my life, whichever.
For starters, patience. On wednesday, I'm going to be in a play for Kidtropolis that is about patience. My character is a really small part, just an overexcited girl, haha. But, sometimes, when I am going to help in presenting an idea to others, God presents it to me in a real way.
For instance, I've done a lot of waiting recently.
Waiting for the semester to be over.
Waiting for colleges to respond.
Waiting for decisions to be made.
Waiting for people to change.
Waiting for the wind to calm down.
Waiting for people to understand that I'm not a normal highschooler.
Waiting for Cibola to let me drop out.
Waiting for final examination grades.
Blah, Blah, Blah...
I did a lot of waiting today as well. I'm trying to disenroll and it's hard to do that when I need signatures, varifications, and other people; because, all of the people I'm waiting on have things to do too. And sometimes it's easy for me to have a pity parade for myself. In those parades I feature the "I'm prideful because I am a 17 year old sophmore in college" wagon, the "Please stop explainging to me why I shouldn't drop out because I'm smarter than you" balloon, and the "Your wasting my time and I wish you'd stop doing that" dancers.
I just got home from 5 hours of explaining my situation to people and having them tell me I need to explain it to other people, and then driving and repeating and driving somewhere else and repeating...It was no fun.
So, as me and my parade cram through the door, I decided to get onto the computer and maybe write a blog about how hard it is to disenroll from highschool. But, I got on facebook first.
Now, I haven't talked about it on my blog, but my old youth pastor planted a church in Clarksville, TN last year, and I've been following his blog and praying for him and all that jazz. Well, I don't know if you've heard, but TN is flooding right now, or at least some of it is. And two days ago, his church flooded, and it's only getting worse. So, on facebook I clicked a link to his blog, read the recent updates, and saw pictures of the damage that right now is devastating. And I can only imagine how easy it would be to say, "GOD! You brought me out here, provided the money, and let me plant this church, and THEN YOU FLOODED IT!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?!?!?" And I'm sure Kevin has questioned what God is going to do with this whole situation, but he's constantly twittering (tweeting?) and blogging about how excited he is to see what comes of all of this, instead of getting mad. He's sad of course, it'd be weird if he wasn't sad. But, he's trusting God. And he's...
Being Patient
So, as I was reading his blog, my parade staff started wondering why their working for me and why I hired them in the first place. If anyone deserves a pity parade, it's not me. It never has been. And now I can go and help kids understand the concept of patience, after I've been put in situations that all of my patience has been tried in.
God has a plan for Kevin's church.
God has a plan for my school future.
God has a plan for my family.
God is in control, and no matter how impatient I get, God's control won't waver.
That is something to fire parade workers for.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight". -Proverbs 3:5-6
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment