I don't know what your preconcieved notions are about being a vegetarian are. People mostly tell me, "I could never do that," or "I just love meat too much to even think about doing that." It makes me laugh.
But, I can tell you now that I have successfully been a vegetarian for a month and 11 days. Well, I've been a pescatarian (The only meat I eat is fish, but I don't eat it very often, just when it's available). Anyways,
everytime I tell people I'm vegetarian, they respond with a shocked, "WHY?!" And honestly I just felt like it. I wanted to take on the challenge. I'm not trying to save the cows or the chickens by consuming less of them. I'm not standing up for a cause. I just wanted to see if I could do it. And I now know that I can.
I get protien from beans (pinto and soy), greek yogurt, milk, cheese, and silk. And I love it.
It's nice to be able to refuse bacon or sausage and other delicious, unhealthy, saturated fatty, processed meats not because I have to lose weight or am on a diet, but because, "I'm vegetarian, so why would I eat that?" haha. I guess what I am trying to say is I am glad I have held true to the challenge that I have taken on individually.
I asked my dad yesterday how he thinks my stomach will respond when (if) I start eating meat again, and he said, "It won't like it". haha. So I guess that is a bridge I will cross when it comes.
So far, the only foods I have missed are
- Red Chile Enchiladas
- Fajitas
- and Pork Chops while we were camping.
Thank you for reading this incredibly boring post.
Eat your protein kids.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment