Sometimes an airplane ride is all it takes.

Hello All,

On Thursday my mom called me and said, "Hey, I need to fly to Midland, Texas tonight to drop off a part for a machine for work. It'll be cheaper for me just to fly down and give it to Raul than to Fedex it or send it on Southwest. I know you have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow, but we can still get there on time. Would you like to go with me?"
So I said sure and packed an overnight bag.
I didn't really know why I was or wasn't going, but that was okay. Then she called back about 10 minutes later and said, "Do you mind missing small group?" And I explained to her that we didn't have small group because it was a First Wednesday week. If I would have had small group, I don't think I would have gone with her, so I think it was a God thing that this was the week we were flying.
So was excited to go with her and have some mom and daughter time. It was nice.
But that's not the point of this blog. haha.
Our flight left at 8:25 and arrived there at 10:15, it was 9:15 New Mexico time. But, during our flight the sun was already set and the city lights were bright against the cloudless night. It was beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes from wandering out the window.
The time we were there was uneventful except for some really drunk guys in the hotel lobby. haha. But anyways, it was just overnight and our flight home was leaving at 9:15 and arriving in New Mexico at 9:25. The time difference made that happen. It was funny.
But anyways, it was a beautiful day in Midland, partly cloudy, good day for flying. When we left I got to watch the city go from being a normal size in my mind to being smaller than the toy houses I would play with when I was a child. I saw the cars turn into specs and the subdivisions blur till they just looked like a piece of land. It was really good for me to see this because it kinda put my life into perspective. I've known what God revealed to me on the plane for quite some time, but it was good to be refreshed. The world looks so small when you're inside a plane. Looking down at life I couldn't see, and knowing it was there was incredible. Because if I was only 30,000 feet from the ground and couldn't see anything, it's hard to grasp that God sees us from the Heavens.
It's unfathomable to me, but I rest in the fact that he sees me wherever I am, whatever I'm doing. And he hears me wherever I am, whatever I'm thinking and saying. It's incredible.
I saw how small my life is in perspective, I know that I'll never be able to grasp that fully, but from the plane, my problems, worries, and stresses seemed so insignificant. And I realized that they really are in the span of things.

I take comfort in the fact that My God sees me, hears me, loves me even though I am smaller that I will ever realize.
Category: 0 comments

No comments: