Oh Summer,
How I love you.
You bring out the bright sun shine
and the hint of a tan on my skin.
Oh Summer,
even though you bring sounds of children laughing
and tastes of melting ice cream and watermelon,
sweet season, you must come to an end.
And while I love eating meals outside,
and lying in the grass while the sun licks my skin,
I hate that before you leave,
you bring about some of the greatest stress of the year.
Why oh why must this be the case?
Why can't we part ways on good terms?
Because, as it is now,
I love you in the beginning and middle,
but you let me down in the end.
Big purchases are made when you get ready to leave,
and class schedules are sorted,
and supplies are bought,
and you slip through the cracks during all of that craziness.
Hot, sweaty season,
you make your break quick,
and you cut off our relationship
without a second glance.
I miss you already,
and the memories we've made last forever,
but alas, all you leave me with is wind
...and homework.
But, I continue to wait for you to come back.
I don't know why I do.
Because every year,
you desert me and leave me to
flirt with fall, winter, and spring.
And yes, they aren't as good as you,
but at least they are straight forward
and don't leave in the middle of the night.
They blend together and make the transition easier.
So you dirty, sticky season,
I need you no longer.
Leave the premises.
Your presence is no longer welcome.
After all...
I have class to go to.
No comments:
Post a Comment