Jello,
Colleges are emailing me and it's freaking me out. Yes, God provided, I have sent out applications, and lo and behold, they're responding. I didn't think they would. Ugh.
There are three that I actually want to go to, Colorado College, Willamette University (in Salem, OR), and Bryn Mawr (In Pennsylvania). I applied to Case Western Reserver and Mount Holyoke as well, but I don't really (at the moment) care for Ohio or Massachusetts. So we'll see what happens. And we'll see how God decides to provide fund wise. I am going to deal with scholarships tomorrow after Cibola (I just decided).
I feel like school is all I've been thinking about lately. And that kinda bugs me. School coming up (next semester at Cibola starts tomorrow, and at CNM starts on the 11th), tests (the ACT which I found out I need to take with writing), colleges I might attend in the near future, and then what I want to major in (which is a little clearer thankfully).
Speaking of what I want to major in...
Drumroll everyone,
Neuro Psyhology!
The study of the Biology of the brain mixed with Psychology. Sounds fun. And I've already gotten a good response to it from my parent's and my mom's doctor friend (She says it's fascinating).
Now, I don't know what I'll do with a degree in that field, but I'll cross that bridge when it comes, I really don't want to think about that now.
Okay, getting my mind off school...
I went to the movies with my grandpa tonight. He's so awesome. We saw the Princess and the Frog. It was okay, I didn't love it, but I wasn't up for wasting two more hours of my life on Sherlock Holmes for the would be 4th time. It's a good movie, but...yeah. Anyways, it was just nice to spend some time with him.
My new years was fine. I think it's funny that people make such a big deal out of it, making resolutions and all. I went to the gym two on the second of January, and the guy on the machine said to my mom, "Keeping up with your resolutions huh? I saw you here yesterday".
Truth be told, we've been going regularly since we got back from Florida last summer. We didn't need a new year to start going to the gym.
You know that Death Cab for Cutie song that says, "So this is the new year, and I don't feel any different", that's exactly how I felt. Yes, it makes me a little more anxious about the future, but it's only one day forward.
In other news, I've been really jealous of Amanda Galloway recently. She's in Portland. I was down town today, and was thinking about how once you're outside of downtown, you can see the desert and the edge of Albuquerque from almost anywhere, and how in Portland you can kinda do that too, but Portland is just so much better. It's greener and wetter and beautiful. (Talk about a run on sentence). And I don't know what my future is going to be with Portland, if I'll ever end up there or anything, I just have really been missing it lately. I miss the fresh air, the misty rain, the hard rain, the square, the homeless population, and Powells Book Store. (Anyone up for a trip to Portland over Spring Break??)
I just finished reading "Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die" by David Crowder and Mike Hogan. It was so good. So interesting. It really drew me in. It's about the history of the soul, the death of the soul, and the history of bluegrass. It's about coping with loss, and realizing that music really can change you and affect you. But it was really funny too. It's worth reading.
I have a lot of other books on my reading list (borders gift card for my birthday!). haha.
Also, I found out that Jason Castro got married last weekend. I am devastated to say the least. (I need a hug from someone special).
Okay, I'm going to wind down and get ready for school tomorrow.
Get lots of rest kiddies, dream good dreams.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment