Jello again,
I have a lot on my mind at the moment.
School, obviously, is a pressing matter that requires a lot of thought. Rachel showed me this Undergraduate Transfer scholarship that awards community college students up to $30,000 when they transfer to more prestigious colleges. I have to be nominated by our resident Joan Kent Cooke Foundation representative, becuase that's who gives out the scholarship, so I'm in the process of contacting her.
This scholarship feels like an answer to prayers. I really hope that it is. If God wants me to get to Bryn Mawr, he's definately put something in my life that will help. I'm still leaving all of this up to Him of course.
Please be praying about this.
Another thing on my mind is a girl in my ceramics class at Cibola. Her name is Domenica and she has a lot of questions about God and faith in general. Please pray that God would show her that she needs him and that his love is the only thing that can fulfill her.
Additionally, Alex McKinney's grandfather just died yesterday. Please keep that whole family in your prayers.
And last, but not least, my dad's in serious need of full knee replacements. But, I doubt that he'll get them anytime soon. When he gets them, he'll have to totally change his lifestyle, which is now very focused on exercise and racquetball. (Not that those are bad things, they are just very consuming things that he doesn't want to give up). So he'll probably put off the knee replacements until he just can't take the pain anymore. :(
I don't know what to think/pray about this situation, but, I hope this whole knee business brings him closer to God.
And that's all I have to say about that.
Make sure to look for the little things in life, and never forget the One who put them there to make you smile.
♥
1 comment:
Awe yeah, I love Domenica! I'm sure you can defend the faith a lot better than I can. You'll definitely do justice to it!
Post a Comment