I'm in the CNM computer lab, so I probably shouldn't be writing a blog. Oh well. I also should be reading a text book for my online class. Oh well squared.
I'm going to make this quick though because the boy sitting next to me smells like so nasty pot. "Why, boy why???"
Anyways, the other day, I asked one of my good friends that I really look up to if she liked anyone. She's 19 or 20, I forget, but anyways...her response was, "Ha, no. I don't waste my time!"
I sat there and though about that statement...
I don't waste my time.For so long I've tried to explain to people why I don't want to date or why there isn't anyone I'm interested in. And she put it in the simplest of words. "I don't waste my time".
I totally agree. I don't want to waste my time and energy, putting my heart into something that won't work out in the end, just to have some fun. Why would I do that? A lot of times I've told people, "I want to wait until the relationship can actually go somewhere" or "I just haven't found anyone". But the truth is, even though I'll think a guy is cute or nice, I don't want to waste my time or his for that matter.
Her statement also reminded me of something that Todd said two weeks ago. He said, "I'm not going to let my daughters date until they know why they're dating". Is it just to have fun and feel good? Or to actually find out who I'm going to marry?
When I meet my husband, I want him to know that I waited for him instead of going from boy to boy and ruining my heart in the process. I also want him to know that I won't waste his time. Or at least I'll do my best not to.
So. My new motto is "I don't waste my time."
(And I'm proud of that :P)
Go catch some snowflakes on your tongue.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment