I have a crazy story. Well, maybe not crazy to you, sweet reader, but it was crazy for me.
I was sitting in the main sanctuary at Sagebrush. Ian and I were saving seats for my mom and dad. We were close to the back, on the right. I was the fourth seat from the isle, Ian was the third, and we were saving the other two.
Then the un-thinkable happened.
An older lady, she looked sweet, came and tried to sit in one of the two seats I had saved. I kindly told her that I was saving those seats for my parents, so she happily moved to the row in front of us.
My mom came and took her place. Then my mom told me that she recognized the elderly lady in front of us...the one that I had told to please move.
Then my mom remembered who the lady was.
She was my kindergarden teacher.
The first, and possibly best public school teacher I've ever had....and I had just asked her to move.
But (!), don't fret dear reader, all was forgiven/forgotten at the end. And my teacher actually remembered me! My mom asked if she was Mrs. Cunningham and she said yes. Then my mom said I was in the first kindegarden class that she'd taught, and she looked at me and remembered. She said, "Oh my goodness! You're so beautiful! And I remember how smart you were!" Then she gave me a hug. It was sweet.
Before we had our sweet conversation, I was looking at her Bible, it was open during the service. And there were so many markings in it. It made me smile.
I like seeing people from my past. It's interesting and good I think.
Well that's all I have to say.
Enjoy the rest of your super bowl Sunday.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment