Goodmorning Everyone,
I've been reading this book called The Last Lecture. It's about this guy named Randy Pausch, he had a wife named Jai and three kids, all under the age of 6. (Logan, Dylan, and Chloe) He was a professor at Carnegie Mellon and he fulfilled all of his childhood dreams. He was a pretty amazing guy and I call him the "King of profound one-liners" haha. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, he had 10 tumors. And he just died last July. He wrote this book to tell his kids what he was about, and how he lived his life, because he will never get to have those conversations with them in person.
His central quote is
"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
He's all about being effecient with the time that you have, because you never know when you'll find out you have less than you think.
One of the things he had to say was hilarious, I had to share it with you.
"Fashion, by the way, is commerce masquerading as hip. I'm not at all interested in fashion, which is why I rarely buy new clothes. The fact that fashion goes out of fashion and then comes back into fashion based solely on what a few people somewhere think they can sell, well to me, that's insanity.
My parents taught me: You buy new clothes when your old clothes wear out."
I really like this book, and I recommend that you read it as soon as possible.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment