Jello,
I've had a pretty good week. I'm realizing again that my love language really is gift giving. The second is encouraging words, then quality time, then physical touch, then acts of service. (And acts of service is the last because I get frustrated if things aren't done right haha). But anyways,
I think I've been suppressing my gift giving love language because it's one that doesn't really get recognized and it also gets taken as fake or just trying to get someone to like you. Also, gift giving isn't one of the love languages that's super popular. I haven't met anyone with my love language. Or at least I don't think I have.
See the thing is, I give gifts because I love to. I love to show my love language and give to other people, I love shopping for others, and most of all, I love finding something that remindes me of someone and surprising them with it. Like if I know your favorite candy, and I have some extra money, I would love to randomly get it for you. I don't like to plan out things or make it obvious, I just like to do it. Spontaneous I guess.
But, because not many people have my love language as their top, no one in my family (and none of my friends) does (or at least i think they don't), and so I've learned to almost suppress this love language, and not really expect it to be shown to me. Times are hard right? We're in a recession...right?
And I love encouragement and quality time, but a lot of times...it's just....second best, you know?
I'm not trying to sound picky or anything, I guess I just feel that not many people know that the best thing you can do to show me love is write me a note, maybe a letter, or surprise me with dark chocolate or a boba or something. I absolutely love when people do that.
Why am I telling you this?
Because I'm rediscovering it for myself. I have been given the opportunity to love the way I do best this week. The way God has engraned in me.
It's also been shown to me a couple of times...with some coffee cake, and again with a shirt. Both were spontaneous and they were small things, but I love that.
I miss it, and I am going to work on showing love that way again.
Know the language that your heart speaks.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment