Jello,
Night 5 - Physically sitting in bed in ABQ...but my heart is in Portland - 10:20 OR/11:20ABQ
My hearts is in Portland/Battleground/with the Father's House missionaries/with the piano guy/and with my team.
I don't know how long it'll stay there and how long it'll take me to not be reminded of Portland by something random...but Portland and every homeless person there will always have a piece of my heart. I hope that never changes.
Today was short. We knew it'd be that way. We woke up, got ready, took a final picture with our house mom, and drove to the airport. While we were there, we ate breakfast , checked in, went through a long security line, and ran to our terminal. Close to the terminal was a little shop stand thing, so I bought a Portland sweatshirt.
When we boarded the plane, i sat with Ashlei and we laughed at the funny things you could buy from the sky mall magazine. Once we landed, we gave Shawn a hard time for making Ashlei scared of landing. Delayne and Nikki drew me a picture that contained our MJ inside jokes.
We then found our families, our baggage, and we left.
Very fast paced...we're in our team one minute and separated the next.
Sometimes I think that the principles you apply on a mission trip (No complaining, Do want you're told, Leave everything better than you found it, be flexible) should be applied to every day life.
After my family and i got home, we got ready and went to a wedding, then home, then to flying star, then home....
I feel like being in a house is temporary, like tomorrow I'm going to get on a plane, go somewhere, sleep in a sleeping bag, and give homeless people socks.
I would love to go back and help with the Transitional Youth camp in September.
I don't know, I guess it hasn't hit me yet...
But, for now, I'll be secure with the One that is always with me. He's my constant, my confidant, my rest and peace. It amazes me that God is still with me now.
Jesus, I lift this trip up to you, all the people we've seen, things we've done, and churches we met with. Continue to work in all of our lives. Thank you for being the only thing that stays the same.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment