Jello everyone,
Like I said in the title, tomorrow is the last day of the first week of school.
I've been liking it so far. It's nice to see everyone again and to know that this is the last year that I have to be there. Cibola/APS has been really tedious for the last 3 years, but it has been a good learning experience/way to practice being patient. :)
This year at Cibola I'm taking Ceramics, Art II, Painting and Drawing, and Sculpture II. So far, my favorites are Ceramics and Art II.
CNM starts on Monday.
It's one of those weeks when a lot happens and at the same time, nothing happens. And I was going to write a blog about all that's happening, but I am now drawing a blank.
All I can remember is that we had a fire drill on Wednesday and someone lit up close to my classroom today and it smelled so bad. Ugh.
Um...wow. I've really been enjoying looking at the stars lately...A poem is forming in my head, but it's not done yet. Maybe I'll post it when it is.
Overcast skies remind me of Portland,
almost bringing tears to my eyes,
as I long to be there,
be somewhere...
One of these days,
Lord willing,
I'll go back.
I'll take my family,
we'll sit in Portland 's living room,
All cozy under the blanket of the clouds.
My mom and I will browse the many shelves in Powells,
we'll inhale the sweet,
or rather, unique scent
of ink pasted onto paper.
I've always wanted to take her there.
Ever since I ran my fingers down the spines
of story books that have stories and secrets to tell.
I've decided that the dream
that's been building in me,
will one day become a reality,
even though some people around me
doubt that I have the capability.
You may not know this dream of mine,
even though I talk about it often.
My dream is to travel Western Europe
with my kindred spirit Rachel.
Anyways, sometimes, when doubt from others
slaps me in the face,
I want to whisper, "Watch me!",
I want to let them see the sparkle in my eye,
when I'm boarding a plane to England.
Give me doubt,
and I'll give you...
unspoken rebellion.
You may see it, you may not,
but it'll be somewhere in me.
My twisted heart is quite rebellious...
though most people don't know,
because I've found that life is easier,
when you hide under the mask of obedience.
Now, don't get me wrong,
I take pleasure in being obedient,
but sometimes.....
Sometimes, when people tell me
what they want me to do...
(Especially if it's just a suggestion)
when I already have a plan in mind,
I want to look them in the eyes and say,
No. No I won't.
This will never happen though,
like I said,
obedience is much more...
pleasurable...is that the word I'm searching for?
I think not.
How about palatable...
People enjoy swallowing obedience,
it slides down the throat nicely,
unlike rebellion.
Wow, I've gotten off track...
what were we talking about?
Oh yes...the weather...
the overcast skies...
♥
P.S. I wrote that on the spot, don't read too much into it.
1 comment:
i like it a lot, you're good at talking about specific things in poems, something i'm not so good at :)
Post a Comment