Jello,
End of Day 1 (Monday) - Laying in my sleeping bag.
An interesting/almost uneventful 1st day.
Our flight over went smoothly. I say next to a man who said, "Hey! Sit here, you're small!" as I was walking by. He was nice, i didn't get his name though.
We made it to our destination, got our luggage and 15 passenger van, and headed out. We ate dinner at "Rocky Pizza". It reminded me of CiCi's Pizza.
But, as your are probably now thinking, there trivial facts and not of very much importance.
Here's what's really been going on.
As Donald Miller likes to point out, there's always something going on beneath the surface.
We're all trying to get to know the people we're going to live with for 5 days. Reasonable, but nonetheless, flesh takes over and it is easy to get learning about each other confused with ranking ourselves. I pray this won't get in the way.
I'm not sure quite how I expected this group to work together, and I'm sure it'll change as we learn more about each other, but so far, we're gotten along on a surface level.
I feel like we're a working car, that needs a tune up. We're all here to serve and love, but we need to refocus together, as a team.
Hopefully, tomorrow's team building exercise will help. I can't wait to pray together and worship as one body. I wish we would have done that tonight.
Tonight, when we got the house in Washington, we unloaded, talked with Greg, and then sat in the living room, and just hung out.
I think it was good to have sort of a "no pressure" day.
We also went over our schedule for the week. I'm pretty excited about it.
I've really enjoyed observing Nialls in a leadership role. I think I could see him leading group to Portland or something.
Also, I think that God made Shawn the main leader for a reason that maybe I don't know yet. I believe it will benefit Shawn and the team greatly.
I can't wait to see what God's going to do...and I'm enjoying watching what he's already doing.
Jesus, i lift up this group to YOU. Please unify us in a way that only You can. Let us be your hands and feet. Empty us, and fill us with You. I love you. Give us rest. Lord we need You. Prepare our hearts and the hearts of the kids. Thank you for loving us.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment