Jello,
Day 3 - Falling Asleep - ?AM
Tonight was so amazing.
We had dinner and Pastini's. It was so good and I had a lot of fun with the team. After dinner, we walked to a building that was part of the PSU campus (the campus ministry building). People from Father's House church were there, waiting. It was their first time to serve on the streets. Then Steve, the pastor of Father's House, came out with back packs and we broke into 2 groups of 5 and 1 group of 6. We took socks, razors, shampoos, and stuff like that to homeless people. Our group went to Old Town by the waterfront. We talked to and served probably around 15 groups of older, homeless people.
At first, I was a little nervous, but God totally filled me with love for these imdividuals. It was incredible.
It was also cool to be totally out of my element. We prayed for healing for a guy named Roadrunner and it was awesome.
It was magnificent to apply and rely on my faith like that.
God has been so faithful to come through for us.
Remember to pray for Roadrunner and his friend. Also for Gavin and April, a new couple on the streets.
We encountered drugs and alochol, but that's too be expected. And it didn't bother me at all.
I loved being out there and serving my brothers and sisters.
I don't want to leave Portland.
I'm beat...Jesus we need your rest.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment