Journal Entry 7

Jello
Night 4/Day 5 - Laying in my sleeping bag - 12:30 AM
I wish I had perfect memory. Maybe I will in heaven. hmm...
Today was a really good day.
Once we got into Portland, we parked and walked to Pioneer Square. From there we got a list of tasks to accomplish such as: "Locate Union Station and find out how much it costs to take a bus to Seattle" or "Find a church and get information on their services for homeless people".
We didn't have to act homeless, but more just research what they have/don't have and can/can't do.
So, we got a map and went to City Hall (pretty building by the way) and we got a book that lists the resources that homeless people can get.
After that, we started walking towards Union Station. On our way, we were talking about the answers to different questions /tasks on our list and we decided to talk to a homeless woman that Nikki and Ashton had seen the night before. So we sat and talked with her about how much it costs to do laundry and getting to Seattle. After that was was over, we talked about her life and stuff. She told us that she only had 2 pairs of pants and 4 shirts. So we went to Ross and bought her two pairs of pants and bought her husband a pair of pants and a shirt.
She was soo thankful when we brought them to her and she let us pray for her. She was so sweet. Her sweetest comment was "It's like Christmas!"
Speaking of which, I'd really like to see the square during Christmas time.
So after that, we went to Powell's books (The coolest bookstore ever) and met Jordan Young there! It was so good to see him! His kids are so big. He's so sweet.
So, after we ate lunch with him, we went back to Powell's to look around and we hung out there for a while. Then we walked to the square and hung out.
I love the square, ABQ should get one of those. :)
We paid for more parking time and walked to street church. While we were there, I served salad/drinks to kids under 25. It was soo cool/crazy to watch them interact. It was like high school, kinda. I guess I never thought that homeless people would have bigger problems than not having a home. There were a couple of single moms and one set of parents with a one month old. I got to meet Cyrus and Hosea/Christina. Lots of gays, lots of drunks, lots of people that were soo wasted...a lot of brokenness. But, God still gave me a love for them like no other.
I had the privilege of meeting someone who could play the piano. So we talked about piano for a while and he played for me. He asked me to play for him, so I did while he rolled a cigarette or joint or something.
He was super cool. I wish I could have gotten a name,. Pray for him, Pray for the Asian guy named An, for Cyrus and Sprout. Also pray for Transitional Youth, street church, and the Young family.
After street church, we debriefed at home over mild and cookies.
Now I'm tired,...I'll be home tomorrow...It'll be so bittersweet.

P.S. Jesus please let me come back.
Category: 0 comments

No comments: